Do you wish you could take better pictures of your kids? Do you find fancy cameras too complicated to operate or too expensive to buy? Worry not, smartphone Photography is the answer to all your woes.
I’m going to help you take awesome pictures with your smartphones. I know, l know you already use your phone for clicking pictures but are not so impressed. But here are 5 tips to help you take your smartphone photography to the next level.
- Light it up Right : The absolute number one prerequisite to good photos is good light. Make sure the subject is well light, looking bright. Make sure the light is on the subject or your babies instead of behind them. Light coming in at an angle is even better. Window light is the perfect for indoors. For Outdoor Photography avoid harsh sun and click close to sunset or sunrise. The light is soft and beautiful at these times. If clicking around noon look for open shade to avoid harsh shadows.
- Declutter : Composition is the next most important thing in Photography. To draw the viewer’s attention to the subject make sure the background is uncluttered. Remove anything that you don’t want in the frame.
- Color Scheme : Pay attention to which colors look nice together. So if your daughter is wearing a dress with pink flowers, make her sit infront of a pink wall or a light green/ yellow wall. Or safest still against a white background.
- Connect: If you are clicking a person, make sure to engage them in a conversation to loosen them up first. This will help them relax in front of the camera. Or even better click them when they are unaware of it, when they are engrossed in something or having an animated conversation.
- Time it Right: Now that lighting , background, colors and your subject is all set. The last thing you need to do is to simply click. But wait for the right moment, when the person is looking their prettiest or most lively or most engrossed. Or when the breeze scatters their hair or when you make them laugh. Make every click count.
That’s it you are good to go. Go crazy clicking and feel free to ask any questions you may have. Also please share some of the results. Till next time Namaste.